- Review the VMware virtual appliance requirements.
- The following instructions are not a complete guide to configure vSphere or virtual data centers. Alert Logic recommends that you experience with VMWare vSphere and installing virtual machines. For more information, please see vmware support.
- If you have experience with VMWare management tools and virtual machine installation, you can install Managed WAF as a virtual appliance in your existing VMWare virtualized infrastructure.
To download the virtual appliance:
Click the download link in the customer onboarding email to download the ISO install image.
To install the virtual appliance:
- In the vSphere client, create a new virtual machine with the following minimum specifications:
|Guest Operating System||CentOS 64-bit|
|Number of virtual processors||2 (minimum)|
|Memory configuration||4 GB (minimum)|
|Network interface||One for each network connected to appliance
|Disk||250 GB capacity|
- Mount the Managed WAF install ISO image, start the appliance on the image, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the appliance.
- Verify appliance connectivity
- In the console, log in with the credentials operator/changeme
- Run the “system backend verify” command. This test verifies that the appliance can connect to the Alert Logic backend systems.
- Every test should report OK; however, the last test 188.8.131.52:123, will time out because the appliance has not been fully provisioned.
- Call the Alert Logic Security Operations Center (SOC) at 877.484.8383, option 2, and then request a connectivity test.